FAS works on a broad range of catastrophic threats to national security.
FAS Experts blog about issues in government secrecy, nuclear proliferation, and other catastrophic threats as well as FAS organizational news.
FAS regularly publishes timely and thorough reports on important issues to educate policy makers and the general public.
- Most Recent
- May 2013: Regulating Japanese Nuclear Power in the Wake of the Fukushima Daiichi Accident
- May 2 2013: The Strategic Review- The Bomb, The Test Ban and Nuclear Disarmament
- April 30 2013: CNN Global Public Square- U.S. Kicks Syria Chemical Weapons Can Down The Road
- April 16 2013: Shared Strategic Priorities in the Aftermath of the Fukushima Nuclear Accident
- April 3 2013: Iran's Nuclear Odyssey: Costs & Risks
FAS hosts events that educate government staffers, policy makers and the general public on catastrophic threats to national security.
- Events and Policy Briefings
- May 15: Countering Nuclear & Radiological Threats Symposium
- Dec 14: Briefing on U.S. and Russian Nuclear Arms Control and Public Service Award Ceremony
- November 16: US and Iran- Anticipating Possible Effects of Conflict on the Global Economy
- November 9: Symposium on Preventing Catastrophic Threats
- Oct 18: 50th Anniversary of the Cuban Missile Crisis
FAS provides many resources that it has developed over its many years for use by the general public.
Stay up to date with the latest comments and analyses on these important issues.