Taking into account the objectives of the WA as contained in the Initial Elements, Participating States recognize the importance of comprehensive controls on transfers of conventional arms, sensitive dual use goods and technologies. In order to accomplish these objectives, Participating States recognize the value of regulating the activities of arms brokers.
For the purpose of developing a WA policy on international arms brokering, Participating States will, in addition to continuing the elaboration and refining of criteria for effective arms brokering legislation and discuss enforcement measures, consider, inter alia, such measures as:
- Requiring registration of arms brokers;
- Limiting the number of licensed brokers;
- Requiring licensing or authorization of brokering; or
- Requiring disclosure of import and export licenses or authorizations, or of accompanying documents and of the names and locations of brokers involved in transactions.
* Adopted by 11-12 December 2002 Plenary Meeting of the Wassenaar Arrangement.