Newer News: August 2007
July 2007 Intelligence News
- DNI Urges Congress to Modify FISA to Close "Critical Gaps" in Intelligence, letter from DNI J.M. McConnell, July 27. "Attached is an interim proposal which I believe will effectively close the critical gaps in our intelligence capability in the short term."
- FBI Proposes Building Network of U.S. Informants by Justin Rood, ABC News The Blotter, July 24. "The FBI is taking cues from the CIA to recruit thousands of covert informants in the United States as part of a sprawling effort to boost its intelligence capabilities."
- CIA Final Rule on Fees for FOIA Processing, Federal Register, July 18. "After a review and consideration of all of the comments, it was clear that there was no way to reconcile the positive and negative comments into a refinement of our approach that was workable."
- Critics Slam Intel Chair's Secrecy Over Bribery Report by Justin Rood, ABC News The Blotter, July 17. "The House Intelligence Committee is facing tough criticism for burying a report on abuses of power by former committee member Randy 'Duke' Cunningham."
- Justice Department and FBI Unveil Measures to Enhance National Security Oversight, news release, July 13. Officials "announced a series of comprehensive measures to significantly enhance national security oversight and compliance at the Justice Department and FBI."
- Ex-convicts and addicts may get DoD clearance by Elana Schor and Roxana Tiron, The Hill, July 10. "At the Pentagonís request, Senate defense authorizers tucked deep within a defense bill a repeal of the departmentís restriction on granting security clearances to ex-convicts, drug addicts and the mentally incompetent."
Older News: June 2007
Maintained by Steven Aftergood