US Code Title 50
TITLE 50 - WAR AND NATIONAL DEFENSE
CHAPTER 4 - ESPIONAGE (Repealed or Transferred)
CHAPTER 4A - PHOTOGRAPHING, SKETCHING, MAPPING, ETC., DEFENSIVE INSTALLATIONS (Repealed)
CHAPTER 4B - DISCLOSURE OF CLASSIFIED INFORMATION (Repealed)
CHAPTER 4C - ATOMIC WEAPONS AND SPECIAL NUCLEAR MATERIALS INFORMATION REWARDS
§ 47a. Information concerning illegal introduction, manufacture, acquisition or export of special nuclear material or atomic weapons or conspiracies relating thereto; reward.
§ 47b. Determination by Attorney General of entitlement and amount of reward; consultation; Presidential approval.
§ 47c. Aliens; waiver of admission requirements.
§ 47d. Hearings; rules and regulations; conclusiveness of determinations of Attorney General.
§ 47e. Certification of award; approval; payment.
§ 47f. Definitions.
- § 401. Congressional declaration of purpose.
- § 401a. Definitions.
SUBCHAPTER I - COORDINATION FOR NATIONAL SECURITY
- § 402. National Security Council.
- § 403. Central Intelligence Agency.
- § 403-1. Repealed.
- § 403-2. Intelligence Community contracting.
- § 403-3. Responsibilities of Director of Central Intelligence.
- § 403-4. Authorities of Director of Central Intelligence.
- § 403-5. Responsibilities of Secretary of Defense pertaining to National Foreign Intelligence Program.
- § 403-6. Administrative provisions pertaining to defense elements within intelligence community.
- § 403a. Definitions relating to Central Intelligence Agency.
- § 403b. Seal of office of Central Intelligence Agency.
- § 403c. Procurement authority of Central Intelligence Agency.
- § 403d. Repealed.
- § 403e. Central Intelligence Agency personnel; allowances and benefits.
- § 403e-1. Eligibility for incentive awards.
- § 403f. General authorities of Agency.
- § 403g. Protection of nature of Agency's functions.
- § 403h. Admission of essential aliens; limitation on number.
- § 403i. Repealed.
- § 403j. Central Intelligence Agency; appropriations; expenditures.
- § 403k. Authority to pay death gratuities.
- § 403l. Authority to accept gifts, devises and bequests.
- § 403m. Misuse of Agency name, initials, or seal.
- § 403n. Special provisions for spouses of Central Intelligence Agency employees applicable to Agency participants in Civil Service Retirement and Disability System.
- § 403o. Security personnel at Agency installations.
- § 403p. Health benefits for certain former spouses of Central Intelligence Agency employees.
- § 403q. Inspector General for Agency.
- § 403r. Special annuity computation rules for certain employees' service abroad.
- § 403r-1. Portability of overseas service retirement benefit.
- § 403s. Special rules for disability retirement and death-in-service benefits with respect to certain employees.
- § 404. Emergency preparedness.
- § 404a. Annual national security strategy report.
- § 404b. Multiyear national foreign intelligence program.
- § 404c. Annual report on United States security arrangements and commitments with other nations.
SUBCHAPTER II - MISCELLANEOUS AND CONFORMING PROVISIONS
- § 405. Advisory committees; appointment; compensation of part-time personnel; applicability of other laws.
- § 406. Omitted.
- § 407. Study or plan of surrender; use of appropriations.
- § 408. Applicable laws.
- § 409. Definitions of military departments.
- § 410. 'Function' and 'Department of Defense' defined.
- § 411. Authorization of appropriations.
- § 412. Repealing and savings provisions.
SUBCHAPTER III - ACCOUNTABILITY FOR INTELLIGENCE ACTIVITIES
- § 413. General Congressional oversight provisions.
- § 413a. Reporting of intelligence activities other than covert actions.
- § 413b. Presidential approval and reporting of covert actions.
- § 414. Funding of intelligence activities.
- § 415. Notice to Congress of certain transfers of defense articles and defense services.
SUBCHAPTER IV - PROTECTION OF CERTAIN NATIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION
Intelligence Identities Protection Act
- § 421. Protection of identities of certain United States undercover intelligence officers, agents, informants, and sources.
- § 422. Defenses and exceptions.
- § 423. Report.
- § 424. Extraterritorial jurisdiction.
- § 425. Providing information to Congress.
- § 426. Definitions.
SUBCHAPTER V - PROTECTION OF OPERATIONAL FILES OF THE CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
- § 431. Exemption of certain operational files from search, review, publication, or disclosure.
- § 432. Decennial review of exempted operational files.
SUBCHAPTER I - CONTROL OF SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES
- § 781. Congressional finding of necessity.
- § 782. Definitions.
- § 783. Offenses.
- § 784. Employment of members of Communist organizations.
- § 785. Denial of passports to members of Communist organizations.
- § 786, 787. Repealed.
- § 788. Records of final orders of Board; public inspection.
- § 789. Use of mails and instrumentalities of interstate or foreign commerce.
- § 790. Denial of tax deductions and exemptions.
- § 791, 792. Omitted.
- § 792a. Final orders of Board; labor organizations.
- § 793. Omitted.
- § 794. Penalties.
- § 795. Applicability of administrative procedure provisions.
- § 796. Effect of subchapter on other criminal laws.
- § 797. Security regulations and orders; penalty for violation.
- § 798. Preservation of certain rights.
SUBCHAPTER II - EMERGENCY DETENTION OF SUSPECTED SECURITY RISKS
SUBCHAPTER III - PERSONNEL SECURITY PROCEDURES IN NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY
- § 831. Regulations for employment security.
- § 832. Full field investigation and appraisal.
- § 833. Termination of employment.
- § 834. 'Classified information' defined.
- § 835. Nonapplicability of administrative procedure provisions.
SUBCHAPTER IV - COMMUNIST CONTROL
- § 841. Findings and declarations of fact.
- § 842. Proscription of Communist Party, its successors, and subsidiary organizations.
- § 843. Application of Internal Security Act of 1950 to members of Communist Party and other subversive organizations; 'Communist Party' defined.
- § 844. Determination by jury of membership in Communist Party, participation, or knowledge of purpose.
SUBCHAPTER V - REGISTRATION OF CERTAIN PERSONS TRAINED IN FOREIGN ESPIONAGE SYSTEMS
- § 851. Registration of certain persons; filing statement; regulations.
- § 852. Exemption from registration.
- § 853. Retention of registration statements; public examination; withdrawal.
- § 854. Rules, regulations, and forms.
- § 855. Violations; penalties; deportation.
- § 856. Continuing offense.
- § 857. Compliance with other registration statutes.
- § 858. Applicability to Canal Zone.
APPLICATION TO COMMUNIST PARTY MEMBERS
Application of subchapters I and II of this chapter and other provisions of the Internal Security Act of 1950, as amended, to members of the Communist Party and other subversive organizations, see section 843 of this title, and References in Text note set
out under that section.
CHAPTER 33 - WAR POWERS RESOLUTION
- § 1541. Purpose and policy.
- § 1542. Consultation; initial and regular consultations.
- § 1543. Reporting requirement.
- § 1544. Congressional action.
- § 1545. Congressional priority procedures for joint resolution or bill.
- § 1546. Congressional priority procedures for concurrent resolution.
- § 1546a. Expedited procedures for certain joint resolutions and bills.
- § 1547. Interpretation of joint resolution.
- § 1548. Separability.
SUBCHAPTER I - TERMINATING EXISTING DECLARED EMERGENCIES
- § 1601. Termination of existing declared emergencies.
SUBCHAPTER II - DECLARATIONS OF FUTURE NATIONAL EMERGENCIES
- § 1621. Declaration of national emergency by President; publication in Federal Register; effect on other laws; superseding legislation.
- § 1622. National emergencies.
SUBCHAPTER III - EXERCISE OF EMERGENCY POWERS AND AUTHORITIES
- § 1631. Declaration of national emergency by Executive order authority; publication in Federal Register; transmittal to Congress.
SUBCHAPTER IV - ACCOUNTABILITY AND REPORTING REQUIREMENTS OF PRESIDENT
- § 1641. Accountability and reporting requirements of President.
SUBCHAPTER V - APPLICATION TO POWERS AND AUTHORITIES OF OTHER PROVISIONS OF LAW AND ACTIONS TAKEN THEREUNDER
- § 1651. Other laws, powers and authorities conferred thereby, and actions taken thereunder; Congressional studies.
CHAPTER 36 - FOREIGN INTELLIGENCE SURVEILLANCE
- § 1801. Definitions.
- § 1802. Electronic surveillance authorization without court order; certification by Attorney General; reports to Congressional committees; transmittal under seal; duties and compensatio
n of communication common carrier; applications; jurisdiction of court.
- § 1803. Designation of judges.
- § 1804. Applications for court orders.
- § 1805. Issuance or order.
- § 1806. Use of information.
- § 1807. Report to Administrative Office of the United States Court and to Congress.
- § 1808. Report of Attorney General to Congressional committees; limitation on authority or responsibility of information gathering activities of Congressional committees; report of Cong
ressional committees to Congress.
- § 1809. Criminal sanctions.
- § 1810. Civil liability.
- § 1811. Authorization during time of war.
CHAPTER 37 - NATIONAL SECURITY SCHOLARSHIPS, FELLOWSHIPS, AND GRANTS
- § 1901. Short title, findings, and purposes.
- § 1902. Scholarship, fellowship, and grant program.
- § 1903. National Security Education Board.
- § 1904. National Security Education Trust Fund.
- § 1905. Regulations and administrative provisions.
- § 1906. Annual report.
- § 1907. General Accounting Office audits.
- § 1908. Definitions.
- § 1909. Fiscal year 1992 funding.
CHAPTER 38 - CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY RETIREMENT AND DISABILITY
SUBCHAPTER I - DEFINITIONS
- § 2001. Definitions relating to the system.
- § 2002. Definitions relating to participants and annuitants.
SUBCHAPTER II - CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY RETIREMENT AND DISABILITY SYSTEM
PART A - ESTABLISHMENT OF SYSTEM
- § 2011. CIARDS system.
- § 2012. Central Intelligence Agency Retirement and Disability Fund.
- § 2013. Participants in CIARDS system.
- § 2014. Annuitants.
PART B - CONTRIBUTIONS
- § 2021. Contributions to fund.
PART C - COMPUTATION OF ANNUITIES
- § 2031. Computation of annuities.
- § 2032. Annuities for former spouses.
- § 2033. Election of survivor benefits for certain former spouses divorced as of November 15, 1982.
- § 2034. Survivor annuity for certain other former spouses.
- § 2035. Retirement annuity for certain former spouses.
- § 2036. Survivor annuities for previous spouses.
PART D - BENEFITS ACCRUING TO CERTAIN PARTICIPANTS
- § 2051. Retirement for disability or incapacity; medical examination; recovery.
- § 2052. Death in service.
- § 2053. Voluntary retirement.
- § 2054. Discontinued service benefits.
- § 2055. Mandatory retirement.
- § 2056. Eligibility for annuity.
PART E - LUMP-SUM PAYMENTS
PART F - PERIOD OF SERVICE FOR ANNUITIES
- § 2081. Computation of length of service.
- § 2082. Prior service credit.
- § 2083. Credit for service while on military leave.
PART G - MONEYS
- § 2091. Estimate of appropriations needed.
- § 2092. Investment of moneys in fund.
- § 2093. Payment of benefits.
- § 2094. Attachment of moneys.
- § 2095. Recovery of payments.
PART H - RETIRED PARTICIPANTS RECALLED, REINSTATED, OR REAPPOINTED IN AGENCY OR REEMPLOYED IN GOVERNMENT
PART I - VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTIONS
- § 2121. Voluntary contributions.
PART J - COST-OF-LIVING ADJUSTMENT OF ANNUITIES
- § 2131. Cost-of-living adjustment of annuities.
PART K - CONFORMITY WITH CIVIL SERVICE RETIREMENT SYSTEM
- § 2141. Authority to maintain existing areas of conformity between Civil Service and Central Intelligence Agency Retirement and Disability Systems.
- § 2142. Thrift Savings Plan participation.
- § 2143. Alternative forms of annuities.
- § 2144. Payments from CIARDS fund for portions of certain Civil Service Retirement System annuities.
SUBCHAPTER III - PARTICIPATION IN FEDERAL EMPLOYEES' RETIREMENT SYSTEM
- § 2151. Application of Federal Employees' Retirement System to Agency employees.
- § 2152. Special rules relating to section 2013 criteria employees.
- § 2153. Special rules for other employees for service abroad.
- § 2154. Special rules for former spouses.
- § 2155. Administrative provisions.
- § 2156. Regulations.
- § 2157. Transition regulations.