The MK3A2 offensive hand grenade, commonly referred to as the concussion grenade, is designed to produce casualties during close combat while minimizing danger to friendly personnel. The grenade is also used for concussion effects in enclosed areas, for blasting, or for demolition tasks. The shock waves (overpressure) produced by this grenade when used in enclosed areas are greater than those produced by the fragmentation grenade. It is, therefore, very effective against enemy soldiers located in bunkers, buildings, and fortified areas.
(1) Body -- fiber (similar to the packing container for the fragmentation hand grenade).
(2) Filler -- 8 ouunces of TNT.
(3) Fuze -- M206A1 or M206A2.
(4) Weight -- 15.6 ounces.
(5) Safety clip -- yes.
(6) Capabilities -- can be thrown 40 meters by average soldier. The MK3A2 has an effective casualty radius in open areas of 2 meters. Secondary missiles and bits of fuze may be projected as far as 200 meters from the detonation point.
(7) Color/markings -- black with yellow markings around its middle.