The first version of the BTR-152 wheeled armored personnel carrier was produced in 1950. The vehicle hull is of all-welded construction, engine and transmission are at the front of the vehicle. The crew consists of a driver, co-driver, and up to 17 infantry who normally board the vehicle through the rear entry hatch. The BTR-152.V1 was the second model to enter service, it had a front mounted winch, and a tire-pressure regulation system, which allowed the crew to adjust the pressure in accordance with local driving conditions. Variants include a Command Vehicle, as well as versions equiped with twin 14.5mm machinegun for antiair and twin 23mm cannon.
Both 4 and 6 wheel drive, the V3 model has IR light, K model has overhead cover. The armoured roof version of the BTR-152 is an important variant which is sure to be deployed in a number of dioramas, and wargame scenarios. The fully enclosed vehicle offers more protection for the crew, and it has roof hatches which may be opened to allow infantry to fight from the vehicle.
Production ended in early 1960s, and in Russia the vehicle was replaced by the BTR-60.P series. While long withdrawn from Russian service, this vehicle remains operational in a number of other countries. The BTR-152 series has seen service with Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China (as the type 56 APC), Congo, Cuba, East Germany, Egypt, Finland, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Poland, Romania, Soviet Union, Syria and other countries. Israel used BTR-152 series vehicles, but it is unlikely that these were actually purchased from the Soviet Union. Like other Warsaw Pact equipment in the Israeli arsenal, the BTR-152s were most likely captured during wars with Egypt and Syria.
|Road Range||650 km|
|Max Speed Paved Road||65 km/hr|
|Vertical Obstacle||.6 m|
|Climb Slope||30 degrees|