Lithuania and NATO
- VILNIUS STATEMENT --Albania, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia -- Conference ''NATO'S Role in the Changing Security Environment in Europe" Vilnius, Lithuania 18-19 May, 2000 -- We call upon the member states at the next NATO Summit in 2002 to invite our democracies to join NATO.
- STATEMENT BY THE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES Conference ''NATO'S Role in the Changing Security Environment in Europe" Vilnius, Lithuania 18-19 May, 2000 - I welcome the statement adopted in Vilnius today by the governments of Albania, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia. I also take special note of the aspirations articulated by these nations to join NATO and the European Union and encourage them to stay the course.
- In Close Proximity to Volcano Speech by the Chairman of the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania Prof. Vytautas Landsbergis
Vilnius, 19 May 2000 - When we are told "you are indefensible", we identify in this postulate a pre-established aggression of Russia and are surprised at such one-sided statements. Unfortunately, Russia is still suffering from the dual syndrome of the past.
- LITHUANIA’S NATIONAL NATO INTEGRATION PROGRAMME 01 May 2000 -- NATO has provided a solid mechanism - the Membership Action Plan (MAP). Lithuania expects that the MAP, together with an enhanced PfP programme, will constitute a very practical and membership-tailored element of NATO's "open door" policy.
- LITHUANIA - LANDSBERGIS Voice of America 08 March 2000 -- The man who led Lithuania's independence movement is in Washington, calling on U-S leaders to help his country join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
- LITHUANIA LOOKS AHEAD Voice of America 09 November 1999 -- "If Lithuania would not be permitted to enter NATO, it would mean that Lithuania is not free,
that the Russian striving to dominate the Baltics is accepted in Western democracies."
- Presentation Mr. VYGAUDAS UŠACKAS,
Deputy Minister, MFA of the Republic of Lithuania 45th General Assembly of the Atlantic Treaty Association - Strasbourg, 20 October 1999
- NATO'S OPEN DOOR POLICY - EXPECTATIONS AND PROSPECTS PRESENTATION BY VYGAUDAS USACKAS, DEPUTY MINISTER, MFA OF THE REPUBLIC OF LITHUANIA, 17 September 1999, HOSTED BY THE INSTITUTE FOR STRATEGIC STUDIES MINISTRY OF DEFENCE, REPUBLIC OF SLOVENIA
- NATO and Lithuania Speech by Chairman of the Seimas Vytautas Landsbergis at the international conference “ NATO after 50 Years: the New Old Alliance” Vilnius, 31 May 1999
- “Lithuanian perspective of European and Euroatlantic integration” Gediminas Serksnys, Viceminister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania, Conference “German and American policies towards the Baltic states. The perspectives of EU and NATO enlargement”, 7 May, 1999
- TEXT: JOINT STATEMENT BY ALBRIGHT AND BALTIC PRESIDENTS 22 April 1999 -- Secretary of State Madeleine Albright issued a statement
April 22 together with the presidents of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania in which the Baltic leaders stated their readiness to assume the responsibilities and obligations of NATO membership, as well as their governments' intentions to increase expenditures for defense modernization.
- TEXT: HOUSE SPEAKER HASTERT BEFORE LITHUANIAN PARLIAMENT USIA 30 March 1999 -- Dennis Hastert, speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, noted support in the U.S. Congress for Lithuania's bid to become a
full member of the European Union, and his own support for NATO membership for Lithuania, in remarks before the Lithuanian Parliament.
- TEXT: ALBRIGHT, LITHUANIAN PRIME MINISTER STATEMENTS USIA 16 March 1999 -- Secretary of State Madeleine Albright "welcomed the progress Lithuania has made since the NATO Summit in
Madrid ... to prepare for Alliance membership, especially Lithuania's
determination to implement its plans for defense modernization and
increased NATO interoperability."
- PUBLIC OPINION AND LEVEL OF AWARENESS ON SECURITY ISSUES IN THE BALTIC COUNTRIES March 1998 public opinion survey on security issues was conducted in the Baltic countries of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.
- FACT SHEET: BALTIC AMERICAN PARTNERSHIP FUND US Information Agency 16 January 1998 (BAPF is a publicly and privately funded 10-year endowment)
- FACT SHEET: U.S.-BALTIC RELATIONS US Information Agency 16 January 1998 (Fact sheet issued by White House January 16)
- TEXT: WHITE HOUSE SUMMARY ON U.S.-BALTIC PARTNERSHIP CHARTER US Information Agency 16 January 1998
- PRESIDENTS OF ESTONIA, LATVIA, LITHUANIA HOLD BRIEFING JAN. 15 US Information Agency 15 January 1998 (Discuss U.S.-Baltic Partnership Charter)
- Lithuanian Minister of Defense Linas Linkevicius
Partership for Peace in the Baltic Region
XIIth NATO Workshop On Political-Military Decision Making Dresden, Germany 18-22 June 1995
- Minister of Defense Linas Linkevicius
Partnership for Peace in the Baltic Region
Building A New NATO: The Search for Peace and Security In an Unsettled World XIth NATO Workshop On Political-Military Decision Making -- Os, Norway 15-19 June 1994
Maintained by Webmaster
Updated Friday, May 26, 2000 10:44:31 AM