1998 France Special Weapons News
- Nuclear desarmament Friday, 13 November 1998 - Mrs. Bourgois (France) France is pleased to have been able to vote again this year, as it did on similar draft resolutions in 1997, 1996 and 1995, in favour of draft resolution A/C.1/53/L.42/Rev.1, introduced by Japan, "Nuclear disarmament with a view to the ultimate elimination of nuclear weapons".
- Nuclear disarmament Friday, 13 November 1998 --
Mrs. Bourgois (France) This is not France's point of view. Nuclear deterrence is an essential element of its defence policy.
- Nuclear disarmament Friday, 13 November 1998 - Mrs. Bourgois (France) France will vote against draft resolution A/C.1/53/L.48/Rev.1, entitled "Towards a nuclear-weapon-free world: the need for a new agenda".
- Nuclear desarmament - Explanation of vote Response to the sponsors of the "nuclear-weapon-free southern hemisphere" initiative 4 November 1998 Mr. Richier (France)
- Prevention of an arms race in outer space Thursday, 29 Ocber 1998 Ms. Bourgois (France) (interpretation from French)
- Nuclear disarmament : Response to the sponsors of the "new agenda" initiative Tuesday, 27 October 1998
- TOME II DÉFENSE DISSUASION NUCLÉAIRE AU NOM DE LA COMMISSION DE LA DÉFENSE NATIONALE ET DES FORCES ARMÉES (1) , SUR LE PROJET DE loi de finances pour 1999 (n° 1078). Enregistré à la Présidence de l'Assemblée nationale le 8 octobre 1998.
- FRENCH DEFENSE DEAL Voice of America 23 July 1998 -- FRANCE HAS CREATED THE BIGGEST DEFENSE COMPANY IN EUROPE, BRINGING TOGETHER THE PRIVATELY-OWNED MATRA MISSILE COMPANY AND THE AIRCRAFT-MAKER AEROSPATIALE.
- THE RADIOLOGICAL SITUATION AT THE ATOLLS OF MURUROA
AND FANGATAUFA IAEA PRESS RELEASE 29 June 1998 PR 98/9
- Study of Radiological Situation at Atolls of Mururoa and Fangataufa IAEA PRESS RELEASE 29 May 1998 PR 98/4
- France and UK ratify the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty
(CTBT) Embassy of France On 6 April, France, together with the United Kingdom, deposited its instruments of ratification of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) with the United Nations Secretary-General.
- France and the crisis of the presidential sites in Iraq Embassy of France Briefing Paper - 1998 --
- Chronology of French initiatives during the "presidential
palaces" crisis Embassy of France Briefing Paper - 1998 --
Maintained by Webmaster
Updated Friday, October 29, 1999 4:37:13 PM