Outline of the Seventh Meeting of the Technology Study Group
for the Destruction of Abandoned Chemical Weapons
- 1. Date and Time
- 12th February 1999 (Friday) 10.30 - 12.30
- 2. Venue
- Conference room( 3rd floor), Prime Minister's Office
- 3. Attendance
- Chairperson : Seigi HINATA
Members : Tomie AMARI, Shigeji KOSHI, Hiroaki SHIRAISHI, Mitsugu TANAKA,Shoji NAKAHARA, Shuzo FUJIWARA, Kouichi MIZUNO, Masatoshi MORITA
- 4. Agenda( Main Subjects)
- (1) Study of each Constituent Process Technology and the combinations of Constituent Process Technologies
- (2) Post-treatment Technology and final disposal procedure
- (3) Study on the technical requirements for the future treatment plant
- 5. Contents
- (1) Following the 6th meeting, the Group studied the characters and technical matters to be researched on each Constituent Process Technology which is determined to be further studied in the interim report. The group also studied the characters and technical matters to be researched on the combinations of Constituent Process Technologies. The proposers' answers to the questions sent last December were examined.
- (2) With regard to final disposal procedure, the Group studied the characters of landfill and recycling.
- (3) The Group studied the technical requirements necessary for the abandoned chemical weapons treatment facilities.
- 6. Next meeting
- April 1999 (the specific date yet to be decided)