DoctrineLINK is the most comprehensive online guide to military doctrine currently available. Doctrinal resources are widely scattered across the net, and they are brought together here for the first time. This guide provides pointers to both sites that are primary sources of doctrinal and related publications and the capstone doctrinal publications of the Defense Department and Military Services.
- Search the Digitized Collection Marine Corps University Archives
- Air University
- Air War College Center for Strategy and Technology
- Army CGSC Foreign Military Studies Office
- Army Management Staff College
- Army War College Strategic Studies Institute
- Marine Corps CSC Student Papers
- NDU Institute for National Strategic Studies
- National War College
- Naval War College Newport Papers
National Return to Top
- White House Offices and Agencies
- White House Virtual Library
- A NATIONAL SECURITY STRATEGY FOR A NEW CENTURY December 1999
- A NATIONAL SECURITY STRATEGY FOR A NEW CENTURY -- OCTOBER 1998 [335kb PDF]
- A National Security Strategy for A New Century May 1997
[Replaces "Engagement and Enlargement"]
- A National Security Strategy of Engagement and Enlargement February 1996
[replaces previous editions of 1994 and 1995].
- National Security Strategy of the United States AUGUST 1991
- Second to None: Preserving America's Military Advantage Through Dual-Use Technology National Economic Council / National Security Council / Office of Science and Technology Policy February 1995
- National Security SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY Strategy
Defense / Joint Return to Top
- DefenseLINK Publications
- DoD Directives and Instructions are online in varous formats
- National Defense University Research and Publications
- Joint Doctrine Homepage [All their stuff is in PDF!!]
- Air Land Sea Application Center
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Publications - former National Imagery and Mapping Agency (NIMA)
- Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Publications
- ANNUAL REPORT TO THE PRESIDENT AND THE CONGRESS
- Joint Vision 2010 provides an operationally based template for the evolution of the Armed Forces the future, and is a benchmark for Service and Unified Command visions. The National Military Strategy of the United States of America [executive summary] or full text in PDF February 1995, released March 8, 1995 [Supersedes 1992 JCS statement]
- United States Security Strategy for Europe and NATO
- USCINCEUR EUCOM Posture Statement
- U.S. Security Strategy for Sub-Saharan Africa Office of International Security Affairs, August 1995.
- THE UNITED STATES SECURITY STRATEGY FOR THE EAST ASIA-PACIFIC REGION 1998 25 November 1998
- DASD CAMPBELL ON EAST ASIA STRATEGY REPORT 24 November 1998
- Numerical Listing Of Joint Publications
- Joint Publications are arranged in a hierarchy. All doctrine is consistent and linked to the two capstone publications, Joint Pub 1 and Joint Pub 0-2. The hierarchy is also arranged in functional series, doctrinally linked to their individual Keystone publications; Joint Pub 1-0, Personnel; Joint Pub 2-0, Intelligence; Joint Pub 3-0, Operations; Joint Pub 4-0, Logistics; Joint Pub 5-0, Planning; and Joint Pub 6-0, C4 Systems.
- Joint Doctrine Capstone and Keystone Primer, 25 May 1995, Size = 2M
- JP 1, Joint Warfare of the Armed Forces of the United States, 10 January 1995, Size = 1M
- JP 0-2, Unified Action Armed Forces (UNAAF), 24 February 1995, Size = 554K
- JP 1-01 c1, Joint Publication System, Joint Doctrine and Joint Tactics, Techniques and Procedures Development Program, c1 14 September 1993, Size = 591K
- JP 1-01.1, Compendium of Joint Doctrine Publications, 25 April 1995, Size = 803K
- Universal Joint Task List (Version 3.0) CJCSM 3500.04A - 13 September 1996 The UJTL contains a comprehensive hierarchical listing of the tasks that can be performed by a joint military force. The UJTL also contains a common language of conditions that is used to describe the operational context in which tasks are performed. Finally, the UJTL contains a menu of measures of performance for each UJTL task.
- CJCS Guide 3401 CJCS Guide to the Chairman's Readiness System
- Manual for Civil Emergencies - provides guidance for the preparation, coordination and execution of military support to civil authorities during civil emergencies, along with other DOMS On-Line Sources
Army Return to Top
- U.S. Army Publishing Agency List of Electronic Publicationsis pretty extensive, but you will need to take the time to download the pesky IBM Library Reader for these puppies.
- ARMY CIVILIAN PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT has some regs online in HTML.
- Army Training Digital Library (ATDL) Ft Eustis, VA is the TRADOC-approved repository of Army Doctrinal Publications.
- Training and Doctrine Command [TRADOC] is the fount of doctrine, and it also has an estimable guide to TRADOC Publications
- Forces Command Publications
- US Army Europe
- Fort Knox Doctrine Work Page
- Center for Army Lessons Learned (CALL)
- United States Army Foreign Military Studies Office Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, USA
- Army Signal Corps Doctrine
- AMEDD - Army medical Department
- Center for Army Lessons Learned (CALL) Main Page
- Fort Benning/Infantry School Doctrine Homepage
- Fort Gordon/Signal Corps Doctrine Division Page
- Fort Huachuca/Military Intelligence Doctrinal Literature Branch
- Fort Leonard Wood/Engineer-Proponent Publications Page
- Fort McClellan/Chemical School Homepage
- Fort Rucker/US Army Aviation School Directorate of Training, Doctrine, and Simulation
- Fort Sill/Field Artillery Proponency Publications Page
- Publications of the Headquarters, United States Army Corps of Engineers [All in PDF]
- Ft Bragg Online File Libraries
- Strategic Studies Institute U.S. Army War College Carlisle Barracks, PA
- Center for Strategic Leadership U.S. Army War College Carlisle Barracks, PA includes CSL Studies
- Army Vision 2010
- America's Army...Projecting Decisive Power Into the 21st Century -- September 1995 edition (Provided in PDF and JPEG formats)
- Army Posture Statement (APS) is an unclassified summary of Army roles, missions, accomplishments, plans, and programs.
- America's Army of the 21st Century Meeting the 21st Century Challenge
- TRADOC Pamphlet 525-5 Force XXI Operations
- DA Pam 37-100-95 The Army Management Structure (AMS) Fiscal Year 1995
Navy Return to Top
- Naval Warfare Development Command was established to develop naval concepts and integrated naval doctrine; provide a coordinated Navy-Marine Corps voice in joint and multinational doctrine development; and address naval and joint doctrine with respect to training, education, operations, exercises, simulations, and war games.
- Navy Electronic Directive System material is have been grouped into tables averaging twenty-five Directives each. OPNAV Instructions and Notices can be found in Tables 1 through 37. The remaining tables contain SECNAV Instructions and Notices.
- Naval Computer and Telecommunications Command Instructions This page provides links to NCTC instruction available through the Web. Additional instructions will be added monthly. Instructions can be accessed by instruction number or alphabetically by name.
- NWP Naval Warfare Publications
- Navy Directives Library
- Naval Aviation... Forward Air Power... From the Sea Naval Aviation Vision Statement: September 1997
- Force 2001, the Navy's official program guide.
- COPERNICUS ... FORWARD C4I FOR THE 21ST CENTURY June 1995 Chief of Naval Operations (OPNAV) Space - Command and Control - Information Warfare (N6)
- THE NAVY POLICY BOOK - MAY 1992
- Navy Doctrine Publications [PDF!]
- Marine Corp University Command and Staff College has gone and put all their recent student papers online [unlike their net.lagged counterparts in the other services. The bad news is that the pesky things are in Lotus Ami Pro, and they are ZIPped to boot!!! So ya gotta really want them to get them, but they are worth it, and we have added a number of them to our eprint archives.
- Marine Corps Publications
- Marine Corps Orders and Directives searchable database is now back online, which is nice.
- Marine Corps Headquarters also has some sorta database.....
PublicationsDoctrine manuals are now organized into six categories as well as three levels of content. The levels of doctrine are Marine Corps Doctrine Publications (MCDPs), Marine Corps Warfighting Publicaitons (MCWPs), and Marine Corps Reference Publications (MCRPs).
- Operational Maneuver From The Sea
- FMFM1 WARFIGHTING
- FMFM 1 Warfighting, 6 March 1989 PDF Size = 265K
- FMFM 1-1 Capaigning, 25 Janury 1990 PDF Size = 375K
- FMFM 2-7 Fire Support in Marine Air Ground Task Force Operations (MAGTF), 26 Sep 1991 Size = PDF 300K
Air Force Return to Top
- The U.S. Air Force Electronic Publishing Initiative
- College of Aerospace Doctrine, Research, and Education (CADRE)
- Air University (AU) Press produces books, monographs, and papers for the Air University
- Air Force Materiel Command Publications Library
- Edwards Air Force Base Library
- Vandenberg Air Force Base Library
- Air Education and Training Command (AETC) Library
- Air Mobility Command (AMC)
- Pacific Air Forces (PACAF)
- United States Air Forces in Europe (USAFE)
- Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center (AFOTEC)
- The Air Force FARSite
- Catalog of Air Force Publishing Products
- (USAFE) US Air Forces in Europe
- (AMC) Air Mobility Command
- (ACC) Air Combat Command
- (AFSPC) HQ Air Force Space Command Publications
- (PACAF) HQ Pacific Air Force Publications and Forms
- (AFSOC) Special Operations Command
- (AFRC) Reserve Command
- (AETC) Air Education and Training Command
- Aerospace Doctrine -- More Than Just A Theory Gen. Ronald R. Fogleman, U.S. Air Force chief of staff Presented at the Air Force Doctrine Seminar, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., April 30, 1996
- "Global Engagement: A Vision for the 21st Century Air Force" succeeds "Global Reach-Global Power," the strategic vision statement that guided the Air Force since the end of the Cold War.
- Global Presence 1995[PDF]
- AFM 1-1 Air Force Manual 1-1 Basic Aerospace Doctrine of the United States Air Force March 1992. [The next publication of this manual will be as AF Doctrine Document 1 (AFDD-1)]
- Air Force Issue Book (1996)
- Air Force Doctrine Documents (AFDDs) at Global Security.Org as PDF's
- Air Force FAR Supplement (AFFARS)