Land Combat Tutorials
|Combat Service Support|
|Summary Data Sheets|
|Sources and Resources|
|If you are interested in adding or editing specific pages in the Military Analysis Network please contact fas (at) fas.org|
|Armored Personnel Carriers||Frame||No-Frame|
|Anti-Tank Guided Missile||Frame||No-Frame|
Sources and Resources Back to Top
- Worldwide Equipment Guide TRADOC DCSINT Threat Support Directorate, September 2001 [7.2 MB PDF file] - basic characteristics of selected weapons available to Opposing Forces in the categories of infantry weapons, infantry vehicles, reconnaissance vehicles, tanks/assault vehicles, antitank, artillery, air defense, engineer and logistic systems, and rotary-wing aircraft.
- Worldwide Equipment Guide TRADOC DCSINT Threat Support Directorate, 21 January 1999 - (earlier edition of the Guide)
- Chapter 3 Weapons & Equipment Army Command and General Staff College ST 100-7 OPFOR Battle Book updated 21 March, 1999
- European cooperation on armoured vehicles ASSEMBLY OF THE WESTERN EUROPEAN UNION Document 1569 - 12 May 1997
- HEAVY/LIGHT OPPOSING FORCES ORGANIZATION AND EQUIPMENT United States Army Aviation Center January 1999 -- Identify heavy/light opposing force organizations, equipment, and key weapon system characteristics.
Related Readings @fas.org
- Russian-Manufactured Armored Vehicle Vulnerability in Urban Combat: The Chechnya Experience by Mr. Lester W. Grau - Foreign Military Studies Office, Fort Leavenworth, KS
- ADVANCED ARTILLERY MUNITION STATUS - 19 February 1999
- Threat Update Krasnopol--A Laser-Guided Projectile for Tube Artillery Mr. Walter Williams, Threat Support Directorate TRADOC DCSINT
- New Armored Vehicles Debut At British Equipment Exhibition by Peter Brown ARMOR — January-February 1998
- US Army Manuals
- FM 100-60, Armor- and Mechanized-Based Opposing Force: Organization Guide. 16 July 1997.
- FM 100-61, Armor- and Mechanized-Based Opposing Force: Operational Art. 26 January 1998.
- FM 100-62, Armor- and Mechanized-Based Opposing Force: Tactics. (To be published.)
- FM 100-63, Infantry-Based Opposing Force: Organization Guide. 18 April 1996.
- FM 100-64, Infantry-Based Opposing Force: Operations and Tactics. (To be published.)
- FM 100-65, Capabilities-Based Opposing Force: Worldwide Equipment Guide. (To be published.)
- FM 44-80 VISUAL AIRCRAFT RECOGNITION, 20 July 1993