Secrecy and Security News
Newer News: February 2010
- New Fatah charter omits language on Israel’s demise, JTA News, January 27. "The office of the U.S. Director of National Intelligence translated the document that emerged from Fatah's council in Bethlehem last summer, and Secrecy News, a project of the Federation of American Scientists watchdog group, obtained a copy and published it Wednesday."
- Taking and Importing Marine Mammals; U.S. Naval Surface Warfare Center Panama City Division Mission Activities, Federal Register, January 21. "NMFS, upon application from the U.S. Navy (Navy), is issuing regulations to govern the unintentional taking of marine mammals incidental to activities conducted at the Naval Surface Warfare Center Panama City Division (NSWC PCD) for the period of January 2010 through January 2015."
- Archives director wants you to have access by Barbara Barrett, McClatchy News, January 15. "Ferriero also is the consummate librarian, delighting in history while promoting openness in government. He tries to wander every day through the National Archives' Rotunda, home to the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, to marvel alongside the tourists."
- NRC Request for Public Comment on Implementation of Open Government Directive, Federal Register, January 11. "The Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is requesting public comment to aid the NRC's determination of what data sets it might be appropriate to publish online and what transparency, public participation, and collaboration improvements it might include as it drafts its Open Government Plan."
- Obama Imperils Intel Briefings by Theodore Kettle, NewsMax.com, January 3. "President Barack Obama’s executive order last Tuesday to declassify millions of secret U.S. government document delighted left-wing “open government” groups, but it may render impotent one of the intelligence community’s most vital tools: the President’s Daily Brief, or PDB."
Older News: December 2009