- General Accounting Office GAO Report to Honorable Edward J. Markey Missile Defense: Review of Results and Limitations of an Early National Missile Defense Flight Test - February 2002.
- General Accounting Office GAO Report to Congressional Requesters Missile Defense: Review of Allegations about an Early National Missile Defense Flight Test - February 2002
- Department of Defense Integrated Flight Test-6: Preliminary Results Press Briefing: 9 August 2001
- Department of Defense Ballistic Missile Defense Program slides 13 July 2001
- CIA's report Annual Report to Congress
on the Safety and Security of Russian Nuclear Facilities and Military Forces - February 2002.
- CIA's report to congress on the acquisition of Weapons of Mass Destruction around the world.
- National Intelligence Estimate PDF or HTML: Foreign Missile Development and the Ballistic Missile Threat Through 2015.
- Nuclear Posture Review and Slides from Press briefing: 9 January 2002 unclassified summary of the Congressionally mandated review of U.S. nuclear forces.
- The Coyle Report (Report in Support of National Missile Defense Deployment Readiness Review), Director, Operational Test and Evaluation, 10 August 2000 [9.5 MB PDF file].
- Analysis of the Coyle Report, prepared for Rep. John F. Tierney, House Committee on Government Reform, June 26, 2001.
- Allegations of Fraud in the National Missile Defense Program, Schwartz v. TRW and Boeing, Fourth Amended Complaint, 5 January 2001. "This is an action by Dr. Nira Schwartz... to recover penalties and damages arising from fraud on a vast scale perpetrated by defendants TRW, Inc. and Boeing North America, Inc. in connection with the efforts of the U.S. Army's Space and Strategic Defense Command to develop a Ground Based Interceptor for possible deployment by the U.S. National Missile Defense program."
- The Honorable Phillip Coyle Operational Test and Evaluation Department of Defense - September 8, 2000 House Committee on Government Reform - Because of the nature of strategic ballistic missile defense, it is impractical to conduct fully operationally realistic intercept flight testing across the wide spectrum of possible scenarios. Unfortunately, simulations have failed to develop as expected. This, coupled with flight test delays, has placed a significant limitation on our ability to assess the technological feasibility of NMD.
- Stubborn Things - A Decade of Facts About Ballistic Missile Defense A Report by Senator Thad Cochran Chairman, Subcommittee on International Security,
Proliferation, and Federal Service Committee on Governmental Affairs United States Senate
- National Missile Defense Independent Review Team Executive Summary Tuesday, June 13, 2000 - The IRT concluded that the technical capability to develop and field the limited system to meet the defined C1 threat & available. Meeting the 200S I0C schedule goal with required performance remains high risk.
- Postol Analysis of BMDO Integrated Flight Test - 1A, letter to White House Chief of Staff John Podesta from MIT Professor Theodore Postol, May 11, 2000 -- The BMDO's own data shows that the Exoatmospheric Kill Vehicle will be defeated by the simplest of balloon decoys. I also have documentation that shows that the BMDO... attempted to hide this fact....
- BUDGETARY AND TECHNICAL IMPLICATIONS OF THE ADMINISTRATION'S PLAN FOR NATIONAL MISSILE DEFENSE Congressional Budget Office - April 2000
- Missile Defense and Related Programs FY 1999 Annual Report Director of Operational Test & Evaluation - February 2000
- Report of the National Missile Defense Review Committee (Welsh Report) 16 November 1999 [43 pages, 4000 kb PDF]
- NMD Draft EIS Documents 24 SEP 99
- Combating Proliferation of
Weapons of Mass Destruction
Report of the Commission to Assess the Organization
of the Federal Government to Combat the Proliferation of
Weapons of Mass Destruction - 14 July 1999
- DoD News Briefing SUBJECT: THAAD Flight (Intercept) 10 June 1999 -- I'm very happy to announce that the Theater High Altitude Area Defense System, which we call THAAD, flight test number 10, was conducted successfully this morning at White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico.
- Report to Congress on Theater Missile Defense Architecture Options for the Asia-Pacific Region May 1999
- FY98 Air and Missile Defense Master Plan (AMDMP) ADA Plan to Guide Modernization - 22 April 1999
- Missile Defense and Related Programs FY 1998 Annual Report Director of Operational Test & Evaluation - February 1999
- Theater High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Program
Lieutenant General Lester Lyles, Director of the Ballistic Missile Defense Office, Thursday, July 9, 1998 - 2:00 p.m. (EDT)
- National Missile Defense: Even With Increased Funding Technical and Schedule Risks Are High GAO/NSIAD-98-153, June 23. [also in PDF]
- Estimated Budgetary Impacts of Alternative Levels of Strategic Forces, Congressional Budget Office Letter to the Honorable Thomas A. Daschle March 18, 1998
- Report of the Panel on Reducing Risk In Ballistic Missile Defense Flight Test Programs 27 February 1998
- Missile Defense and Related Programs FY 1997 Annual Report Director of Operational Test & Evaluation
- The Proliferation Primer International Security, Proliferation, and Federal Services Subcommittee United States Senate Committee on Governmental Affairs A Majority Report
- Check out the recently released General Accounting Office reports on various missile defense systems.
- Counterproliferation Program Review Committee
CPRC Annual Report To Congress 1997
- DOMESTIC PREPAREDNESS PROGRAM IN THE DEFENSE AGAINST WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE REPORT TO CONGRESS - May 1, 1997
- NATIONAL MISSILE DEFENSE ACT OF 1997 REPORT together with
ADDITIONAL AND MINORITY VIEWS Senate Committee on Armed
Services Calendar No. 42 105th Congress 1st Session Report 105-15 April 30,
- The FY1998 President's Budget Press Release for the BALLISTIC MISSILE DEFENSE ORGANIZATION is now online. [06 February 1997]
- Nuclear Posture Review project at the Council on Foreign Relations
- S.7 National Missile Defense Act of 1997, introduced January 21, 1997 as one of the ten bills that are the core Republican agenda, with some remarks by Sen. Lott.
Independent Panel's report on NIE 95-19: "Emerging Missile Threats to North America During the Next 15 Years."
- Richard Garwin NUCLEAR ARMS BUILDERS MOVE FROM CREATORS TO CUSTODIANS Letter to the Editor, The New York Times - January 7, 1997
- REPORT OF THE DEFENSE SCIENCE BOARD/DEFENSE POLICY BOARD TASK FORCE ON THEATER MISSILE DEFENSE JANUARY 1996 Office of the Secretary of Defense
- Arms Control and the U.S. Russian Relationship - Problems, Prospects and Prescriptions - Council on Foreign Relations and the Nixon Center for Peace and Freedom Task Force on U.S.-Russian arms
control - October 1996
- TEXT: DEPUTY SECRETARY TALBOTT SPEECH ON RUSSIA (Speech at 50th anniversary of Harriman Institute) 29 October 1996
- Possible Soviet Responses to the US Strategic Defense Initiative Interagency Intelligence Assessment NIC M 83-10017 12 September 1983
- Star Wars--Clever Politics in the Service of Bad Policy September/October 1996 FAS Public Interest Report (2 October 1996)
- Comprehensive situation report on Missile Proliferation from A to almost Z -- FAS Space Policy Project
- FOREIGN MISSILE THREATS: Analytic Soundness of certain National Intelligence Estimates (GAO Report, 08/30/96, GAO/NSIAD-96-255)
- Republican Platform ballistic missile defense and related provisions [12 August 1996]
- ACDA 1995 ANNUAL REPORT including chapters on
- DR. STANLEY RIVELES, U.S. COMMISSIONER, STANDING CONSULTATIVE COMMISSION, ADDRESS TO THE NINTH MULTINATIONAL CONFERENCE ON THEATER MISSILE DEFENSE, MUNICH, GERMANY June 11, 1996
- Congressional lawsuit against President Clinton on theater missile defense plans. [17 July 1996]
- Congressional Budget Office - Potential Costs of Operating and Supporting the defenses included in the Defend America Act of 1996 (S. 1635) July 26, 1996
- U.S. Arms Control Policy: Progress and Prospects - John Pike, FAS Director of Space Policy
- The Role of the ABM Treaty and National
Missile Defense - John Pike, FAS Director of Space Policy
- FAS Analysis of the Nunn National Missile Defense Act of 1996
- FAS Analysis of the Dole Defend America Act of 1996
- Compilation of editorials and other items on Ballistic Missile Defense - National Security News Service -- 11 July 1996
- The Last 15 Minutes: Ballistic Missile Defense in Perspective
Maintained by Steven Aftergood