Sources and Methods
- Russian Missile Chief--Loss of Radar in Latvia To Be Offset , Interfax, 6/29/1998 -- The closure of a missile attack early warning system in Skrunda, Latvia, will be "a loss of important monitoring parameters" in the northeast but means are available to offset the loss.
- Latvia Will Not Extend Accord on Russian Radar Station , Interfax,
- Russia Building Radar Station in Belarus , ITAR-TASS, 2/12/1998 -- The anti-missile early warning radar station is being built to replace the Russian radar station in Skrunde, Latvia.
- Skrunda Radar Building Destroyed; Gailis Comments , Radio Riga Network,
- U.S. Firm To Demolish Skrunda Radar Station 4 May , NTV, 4/23/1995 -- The former Soviet secret installation was built in the 1980's, 150 km from Riga, in the small town of Skrunda and was to have been one of the most important Soviet stations for listening to objects in space.
- Dismantling of Skrunda Base Planned , LETA, 10/28/1994
- Agreements Signed on U.S. Financial Support for Dismantling Skrunda Radar Station , Juris Tihonovs, DIENA, 8/13/1994
Maintained by Webmaster
Updated Friday, October 06, 2000 7:41:49 AM