Goal 4 - Technology
Remain the World's Cryptologic Leader by Sustaining Leading Edge Capability
in Key Technologies
NSA/CSS is recognized as the "class of the world" when it comes
to cryptology. There is none better. However, the rapid advance of technology
presents a continuous challenge. We must have continual infusion of new
techniques and ideas. Therefore, we will undertake a strategic technology
initiative to maintain our world-class leadership and technical health.
Our strength will continue to be our technology and our teamwork.
- Remain preeminent in cryptology by enhancing our capability to forecast
new technologies. We will work closely with U.S. industry to help integrate
technology forecasts and assess the rate of market implementation.
- Broaden collaborative partnerships with industry, academia, and other
government agencies to maximize the return from technology efforts. We must
continue to attract the best technical minds and take advantage of the expertise
of our partners.
- Focus entrepreneurial research and development efforts on breakthrough
capabilities. We must remain the leader in supercomputing and provide supercomputing
power to conduct research.
- Expand our capability to model and simulate information operations.
- Develop applications to leverage emerging technologies and sustain
both our offensive and defensive information warfare capabilities.